Skyway Precision Inc. is a Michigan-based company with its corporate office located in Plymouth, Michigan. Skyway has grown over the years to five facilities located in Michigan, Wisconsin, and South Carolina. All five facilities are IATF 16949 registered and all Michigan facilities are ISO-14001 registered.
- Skyway Precision Inc. was established in 1968.
- Harvey Bonnell joined Skyway in 1979 and in 1980 the first computer numerical control (CNC) machine was purchased.
- In 1982 Skyway moved from Oak Park, Michigan, to a 16,000 square foot facility in Redford, Michigan. Soon after Harvey Bonnell purchased full ownership of Skyway.
- Later moving again to Plymouth, Michigan to a 40,000 square foot facility in 1991. Our corporate office underwent four expansions to reach its current size of 78,000 square feet from 1991-2002.
- In 1996, Harvey handed over Skyway Precision to the next generation, his sons and current owners.
- In 2005 Skyway purchased a 74,000 square foot building in Livonia, Michigan for Eaton clutch housings as well as large oil pans, manifolds and gear cases.
- In 2013 the third Michigan facility opened on Dunn Street in Plymouth, Michigan, commonly referred to as Dunn. Dunn opened as a warehouse for the other two Michigan facilities at 63,000 square feet and later started manufacturing there as well.
- Our first out-of-state facility that expanded Skyway’s geographic footprint was purchased in Platteville, Wisconsin in 2016. Our Wisconsin facility is commonly referred to as SPW (Skyway Precision Wisconsin). SPW purchased a new building in Platteville, Wisconsin in 2018, doubling its size from 19,500 square feet to 40,000 square feet.
- In 2018, our fifth facility SPS (Skyway Precision South) was purchased in Summerville, South Carolina. Our SPS facility is a 61,000 square foot facility, with 49,000 square feet of CNC machining and 12,000 square feet of warehouse.
Skyway employees work as a skilled team creating quality products through ingenuity, flexibility, and attention to detail. These disciplines have placed Skyway Precision Inc. on the preferred supplier list of many major global manufacturers and has forged our reputation as an industry leader in the production of machined components.